Power loss problems with Vauxhall Corsa tops list of most commonly searched for questions
The UK’s most commonly search questions for the top 20 cars of the past decade have been revealed.
“Why is my Vauxhall Corsa losing power” tops the list of motoring related questions entered into Google, research by Scrap Car Network found.
Issues with power-loss also featured high in the list for owners of the Audi A3, BMW 1 Series and Vauxhall Insignia.
Most of the questions to start with “why is my…” or “why won’t my…”, suggesting many motorists turn to Google to help diagnose an issue with their car.
“Inexplicable beeps” was the second most common question for Kia Sportage, Fiat 500 and Peugeot 208 drivers.
Other issues commonly Googled included juddering, starting issues, overheating, burning smells and a loss of coolant.
Most popular search queries for top 20 cars of the past decade
- Why is my Vauxhall Corsa losing power?
- Why is my Audi A3 losing power?
- Why is my BMW 1 Series losing power?
- Why is my Vauxhall Insignia losing power?
- Why is my Kia Sportage beeping?
- Why is my Fiat 500 beeping?
- Why is my Peugeot 208 beeping?
- Why is my Ford Fiesta juddering?
- Why won’t my Mercedes A-Class start?
- Why is my Vauxhall Astra juddering?
- Why is my Nissan Juke not starting?
- Why is my Volkswagen Golf losing coolant?
- Why is my Nissan Qashqai not locking?
- Why is my Volkswagen Polo losing water?
- Why is my Mini overheating?
- Why is my Toyota Yaris using oil?
- Why is my Ford Kuga burning?
- Is my Mercedes C-Class rear-wheel drive?
- Is my Vauxhall Mokka a 4×4?
- Why is my BMW 3 Series the best?
“Consult a professional”
William Fletcher, managing director of Scrap Car Network, said: “It’s a good sign that drivers are curious to discover what’s going on with their car.
“And while search engines may provide tips on fixing basic issues, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
“Drivers should consult a professional if they’re worried.
“It’s an equally good thing that buyers are doing proper research before deciding what car best suits their needs
“It’s often the case that inexperienced buyers take a test drive and fall in love with a car without understanding important issues like maintenance costs, availability of parts, reliability and common faults.
“Ignoring these things can result in a months, if not years, of unhappy motoring.”
Among the more bizarre search terms featured in the top-20 list included “why is my BMW 3 Series the best”, “is my Vauxhall Mokka a 4×4?” and “is my Mercedes C-Class rear-wheel drive?”